Legal Advisor-Job Position Announcement
Job title: Legal Advisor
Duration: 6 months
Work place: Northern Idlib countryside / Syria
Years of experience: 5-9 years
About the association:
An independent, non-governmental association that seeks to develop society by spreading awareness, providing consultations and studies, and strengthening the rule of law to reach a free and democratic society and more justice and stability, in addition to mobilizing and investing the energies of society to understand its rights and duties by contributing to its stability and development, and contributing by consolidating the principles of justice And equality so that all Syrians have equal rights and duties.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Carry out visits to the shelters for the displaced and the centres of civil society organizations, to provide legal advice and help them to carry out their activities in a manner that does not contradict the proper legal procedures.
- Supervising community dialogue sessions with groups to monitor the legal problems facing the beneficiaries.
- Supervising legal awareness sessions which provide from legals to solve society problems.
- Providing legal advice and assistance on how to deal with legal problems for the target groups of the legal clinic program at project sites – exclusively.
- Documenting activities and preparing reports on awareness sessions, consultations, legal aid, disputes that he resolved and other reports as needed, and submitting them with their deadlines, enclosed by
- The necessary means of verification of photos and documents according to the forms approved from the association.
- The consultant’s tasks are not limited to the above tasks only, but there may be other tasks as needed.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in law.
- Practicing the legal or judicial profession for at least ten years.
- At least five years’ experience in NGOs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in preparing reports.
- Basic knowledge of the law, the legal system and its procedures, and possessing basic legal skills.
- Skills related to alternative dispute resolutions, including mediation and arbitration.
- Good command and profound knowledge of the communities in which they work.
- Experience in programs Office.
- Computer Skills: Good knowledge of computer science including working in Excel, Outlook Word programs.
- Good level in (Kobo – google drive).
- Fluent in Arabic and English is preferred.
How to apply
Please fill out the attached form and send your CV via the following link:
The deadline for receiving submitted CVs is 01/04/2023, and only accepted CVs will be contacted.