It is every marriage that contains an offer and acceptance and did not fulfill some of its conditions (Article 48/1) for example: marriage without witnesses – marriage without a guardian – marriage with a woman in the Waiting Period (Iddah) and finally a man who has four wives and marries a fifth one.
The Consequences of Void Marriage:
- Children’s filiation.
- Unlawfulness to marry someone because of marriage relationship.
- Iddah (Waiting Period) is obligatory for the wife in cases of divorce or her husband death.
- Alimony: The wife deserves alimony, as long as she is ignorant of the void marriage.
- Inheritance: There is no inheritance between spouses in a void marriage.
- And it is necessary to separate between the two parties in a void marriage.