Guardianship: The right to dispose of the guardianship of your minor children to consider their money to protect it from loss
The minor: is the person who has not reached the age of majority (eighteen years).
Guardian of the minor’s money on two types:
- A guardian appointed by the judge to supervise his financial affairs.
- The chosen guardian: which is chosen by the father or grandfather before his death to consider managing the financial affairs of his underage children.
- There are conditions that must be met in the guardian, according to what is stipulated in Article 178 of the Syrian Personal Status Law. They are: The guardian must be fair and able to carry out the guardianship with full capacity.
- The second paragraph of the same previous article also added that he should not be a guardian:
- Convict for a crime of theft, breach of trust or fraud, or for a crime against morals and public decency.
- Subject to bankruptcy until it is rehabilitated.
- If the father or grandfather decides to deprive him of guardianship before his death, if this is proven by written evidence.
- Whoever he or one of his ascendants or descendants had between him and the minor a judicial dispute or a family dispute that was feared for the sake of the minor.