The Syrian Personal Status Law defines the rights that are deducted from inheritance in the following order:
- Burial expenses.
- The debts of the deceased.
- The will that is due to the descendants of the deceased.
- Optional will.
- The heirs according to the order of kinship.
In the absence of the heirs of the deceased, the inheritance shall be spent in the following order:
- The entitlement of those who are recognized as descent, such as if the testator acknowledged a brother and his father was dead.
- What was recommended as it increased to the extent that the will is implemented.
- If none of these are inherited, the inheritance or what remains of it will be transferred to the public treasury.